Monday, August 27, 2007

The Firm


by John Grisham


This was my first reading by John Grisham. I read it around 6 years ago. The only other book by John Grisham, I read is 'The Client'. His works are normally thrillers but wound around law. I can understand, that John is in love with his education of law.


The story is about a young rookie lawyer, who is brilliant by all standards. But, he was more brilliant then both himself and his employers thought him to be. He, was big dreamer and hard working guy. But, more than money he was dominated by his values.


So, the story is clash between, persons value system and monetarily driven environment around him. To create the scene, all the good guys and bad guys come in to the picture.


But, the good thing about this reading is its speed. I read this book in 2 days and throughout two days I was on the edge of my seat, wondering what next?? And I was always shocked to get unexpected.


The novel has all the spices for the modern day reader. And also, the novel has been transformed into superhit movie by the same name 'The Firm'. But, I must say, I enjoyed reading more than watching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John Grisham is awesome